Monday 13 February 2017

Spring Quilt Festivals - Edinburgh and Harrogate



I am going to be at the Spring Quilt Festivals at Edinburgh next weekend and Harrogate the following weekend.

At Edinburgh, I've got a trading stand rather than a demo stand, as I can't be there all day on Saturday and Sunday, as it clashes with my City & Guilds course.  At Harrogate, I have a demo stand and a small sales stand linked together.   I have a lot of lovely new sashiko fabrics, stripes and sashiko threads I brought back from Japan.  There are some gorgeous silk haori kimono jackets for sale that I managed to hunt down on my trip (they were much harder to find this time) and a great selection of other Japanese fabrics.

I am teaching the same workshop at both shows - Marking and Stitching Rice Stitch Sashiko - for one hour at 1.00p.m. at Edinburgh and 2.00p.m. at Harrogate, £4 per person.  You can learn how to mark and stitch the hitomezashi (one stitch sashiko) pattern known as komesashi (rice stitch) with ideas for many variations. Workshop kits include fabric, thread, needle and worksheet, with extra thread and fabric so you can try out one of the variations at home.  On Saturday and Sunday at Edinburgh, my friend and top sashiko student Fiona Fitheridge will take the class for me, as I can't be in two places at once!

A selection of my students' samplers from the Scottish sashiko courses is touring to all the Spring Quilt Festivals this year and I will be taking bookings for the next course at Edinburgh and the new course at Stockton-on-Tees, which both start in the autumn.  My next course starting in Scotland will be at the Peacock and the Tortoise in Perth - please contact them direct if you would like to book for that course.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Susan, can I have details of your Stockton course asap and will try and fill it up for you :)

Carl