Saturday 12 September 2009

Super Strips workshop - another before Christmas?

I had a few people asking about the Super Strips workshop when I was at Wrexham Quilting Circle last Wednesday. I have run it three times already at Gresford, but if there is enough interest, I will run it again before Christmas. Possible dates at the moment are November 22nd or 29th, or December 6th. All Sundays. It would depend on availablility of the room, but getting it for a day other than Sunday isn't easy - high demand.

Here's my Super Strips No.2 at Harrogate last weekend -


I have plans for a few more workshop samples! Seeing the fantastic selections of fabrics brought to my workshops (and of course, the lovely Moda Jelly Rolls, Bali Pops and other strip packs) makes me want to try out some other combinations as workshop quilts. Here's the "to do" list -first, Moda's "Figgy Pudding". I don't often buy Christmas fabrics, but these modern ones are such fun. This will probably be No. 3, if there is any chance of using it at Christmas!

Bali Pop - "Kiwiberry" - there have been a number of batik super strips pieced in the workshops, and the luminous quality of the batiks really produces a wonderful patchwork, glowing with colour.
And there is also the fab and funky "Wonderland" by Momo for Moda -


Simply by changing the fabrics, a wide variety of styles is achieved. I think it is a sign of an effective quilt design when it works with many varied fabric selections.

You can see some of the fabrics used at workshops in Jersey and Gresford (first and second workshops) by clicking the links.

If anyone is interested in attending, please contact me via my website link at the top right.

No comments: